Tuesday, November 11, 2008

hit the ground running

?
by LaChaBenn for LaChaBenn 

...and I’m driving up Georgia Ave, and this PT passes me with a sticker “Draft SUV Drivers First,” and I’m like thats stupid. I keep driving. I’m out of it. Long week. I break just before hitting the silver Acura in front of me. The PT stops for the light next to me. It is windy, freezing. Her windows are cracked. I roll down my window...Heellllo. Excuse me, Missss. ...Reluctantly she rolls down her window. I bullshit--I like your bumper sticker, I’m considering trading in my truck for a car similar to yours, how do you do on gas?LIIIEEES- I think she grinned, she looks at her funky PT gauges for what? the answer? She sees it! Looking at me she says close to 20. Riight. So I go. Oh really? Nevermind then, I average 24. I roll up my window, but I have to sit there because the light is still red. I don’t care that she is looking at me or that her window is still down or that she knows...

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha sounds like you haven't changed at all!But that silly bitch should choose bumper stickers that actually make a point or at least make you laugh.

    Anyways, miss ya for real! And how bout that election..shit was amazing! I couldn't sleep the night before at all, and I think I watched his acceptance speech like 10-20 times the following days.

    Oh and I finally got a fuckin job up here. I start at Kohl's warehouse tomorrow.10+ p/h with full benefits AND, most importantly I might add, i can transfer almost anywhere in the country.Shit is ballin.Now I just need to get back in school...

    ReplyDelete

Eh Amigo! Whats on your mind?