Atlanta, Baltimore, New York, Philly, Washington D.C.
INTERACT

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Maryland's Question 6 - Video

?







towleroad.com published this Romeny tidbit from 2005. In short Romeny says



 "Today [2005], same-sex couples are marrying, under the law, in Massachusetts. Some gays are actually having children born to them. We've been asked to remove the phrase "mother" and "father" and replace it with "parent A" and "parent B." It's not right on paper. It's not right in fact. Every child has the right to have a mother and father."

then

"The children of America have the right to have a mother and a father. Of course, even today circumstances can take a parent from the home, but the child still has a mother and a father. If the parents are unmarried or divorced, the child can still visit each of them. If a mother or a father of a child is deceased, the child can learn about the qualities of their departed parent. His or her psychological features can be developed by the contrasting features of both genders. Are we ready to usher in a society indifferent about having mothers and fathers? Will our children be indifferent about a having a mother and father?"
Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/10/romneygaysvid.html#ixzz2ApxA8PgA






____

Nevermind that 75% of black children are raised in single parent households and for many the option of "visiting" the other parent is off the table. Consider that some do not know who the other parent is and for others the other parent wants nothing to do with them. But least we forget Romeny is not concerned with the 75% percent, his job, instead, is to worry about the other 25%.  
I'm very confused by the mind set that says it is okay to inflict your beliefs directly on the lives of legal tax paying educated citizens. This mind set that allows someone to continue to find displeasure at others happiness. The other day while talking to a acquaintance they, without warrent,  remarked about their disgust and disapproval of interracial dating marriage. If its 2012 and a peer can have such ignorant unjustified thoughts, I wonder with much uncertainty about the strength and chance the fight for gay marriage has in America.
Orwell was on to something, "ignorance is bliss." Bliss because people feel better putting themselves over others. The act makes one stand a little taller, 'grow' a little longer, feel better about their current situation. And I get that, reach for that happiness whereever you can get it- but not when it directly effects another in a negative way. 
Voting against gay marriage is a selfish, small minded act. Those who set restricting others rights as a joy or activity should be thoroughly embarrassed of their lack of true hobby. Get over your heterosexual privileges, a 50% success rate is not much to be celebrated. 

And now the soon to be former presidential hopeful Mitt Romeny.