Tuesday, July 7, 2009

b. perhaps the best restaurant in Baltimore?

?
?


I asked, "so what kind of food do they serve?" My question answered by Silence.

I'm still not sure how to answer the question myself.
This corner Bistro has left me breathtaken.
Under appetizer's yellowfin tuna tarter with capers, chopped egg and avocado caught my eye but I ordered the eggplant dig served with fire toasted Cubata bread, olives, and pickled vegetables. So did every table in eyeshot.
I didn't reach for salt or pepper (nor did i notice their absence until late into the meal).
I could not decide what to get for my entree, everything looked SO Good. P.E.I. Mussels with green curry and coconut milk, Pear and Gorgonzola Sachette, Ahi Tuna Nisoice salad with Potatoes not pasta, Crispy Duck...i could go on, but it does little justice.
I ordered the P.E.I. Mussels with green curry, coconut milk, coriander leaf, and i'd argue lemongrass? And a small order of the roasted vegetable mozzarella Ravioli. The Mussels were Huge in size and quantity. The broth, a perfect blend of coconut milk and water, not to sweet just an after taste. At one point I considered ways of sneaking the broth home-i didn't. Instead I consumed the delicious (guys listen to me: DELICIOUS) broth with the never ending servings of fresh Cubata bread.
The small portion of the Roasted Vegetable Mozzarella ravioli was a perfect size. Fresh Ravioli stuffed with a puree of roasted veggie cheesy freshness!
I rue not ordering their Ceaser salad. If you can do a Ceaser salad correctly and uniquely you are clutch in my eyes.

Everything, everything, from the atmosphere, to the regulars, to the quite corner location, to the veteran wait staff are on point and fabulous.
The Food, the food, is another story. Amazing to say the lease, perfect portions, the mussels are served in a heaping bowl. I mentioned the Pasta came in half and whole portions as do some of the salads. I tried the Duck in confit served with fingerling potatoes, a style I've grown tired of, But b was able to cook the duck perfectly: Cold pan, Meat, then isle (i swear not everyone knows that, how to render duck). Had the Vanilla Creme Brulee- That got that right too ;-) Plating and aesthetics of the food exhibit the Art in culinary art.
I have one side note, there was a little to much oil in my ravioli. Honestly, Who cares? I didn't.

Go,
Go,
Go.
Washingtonians-Escape to this place
and bring your "B" game, average person, with drinks and apps, $45. ($$$)
Also, their micro brew and imported Beer lists are well constructed featuring Victory and Trogg, i can say the same for their wine list.
Bunch on Sundays
b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eh Amigo! Whats on your mind?