Monday, March 9, 2009

Had to do it (Bye Bye L-Word)

?
I don't know who killed Jenny- i mean I know (DUHH did you see it?) but i don't know know.





I did not start watching the L Word until 2007 four years after the show began airing. My heterosexual female roommate was obsessed and netflicked (new word!) an entire season, and being that there was one tv in the house i watched. And i was hooked.
I've only seen three seasons and this last one...kinda lame-still have an awesome respect for the show, the cinematography, the characters and the messages behind the far from realistic situations that occur between them.

Thanks for Awesome entertainment.



_____

'The L Word' series finale: Who killed Jenny Schecter? And does it even matter?

Mar 9, 2009, 07:05 AM | by Nicholas Fonseca

The first-ever American TV series about lesbians signed off for good in properly maddening fashion last night. And SPOILER ALERT RIGHT HERE AND NOW its overarching final-season murder mystery remains, from what I can tell, completely unsolved. That's right, readers: The L Word did not, in fact, reveal which of its principal characters killed Jenny Schecter.

I'd say I'm pissed off, but as a loyal viewer of the six-year-old Showtime drama from day one, I can't say I expected anything less ludicrous than the series' final minutes. Just after Alice discovered Jenny's body outside Bette and Tina's home--where the girls had gathered for the couple's bon voyage party--the police arrived, Nikki French jumped out of the bushes (random!), and the girls were called into the cop shop for questioning. Then, the money shot: Cars pull up to the station, and the girls--looking as shiny and luxurious as ever--emerge one-by-one to walk toward the camera (and apparently a wind machine), beaming as the end credits roll. In the background, a retooled version of Betty's epically obnoxious theme song played, no off-pitch voices or dorky lyrics muddling the moment. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or just sigh loudly and take another deep gulp of wine (my usual m.o. while watching the show).

1 comment:

  1. dammit Lauren!!!!!
    you need to write "spoiler alert" before that first line. come on, girl.
    I'm still on SEASON ONE - disc three!!!
    lol

    ReplyDelete

Eh Amigo! Whats on your mind?