Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a little ironic

?
I am watching the Trials and Tribulations of Ted Haggard. Ted Haggard is the Gentleman who was outed last year after being the Head Pastor of New Life Evangelistic Church. ( see also My How People Change) At the end of the HBO documentary he describes what the bible does for him. "In times of happiness you find the joy in It. In times of trial and tribulations you find the pain and the struggle."
Then he reads from the New International Bible Psalms 69

1 Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.

2 I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.

3 I am worn out calling for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes fail,
looking for my God.

4 Those who hate me without reason
outnumber the hairs of my head;
many are my enemies without cause,
those who seek to destroy me.
I am forced to restore
what I did not steal.

5 You know my folly, O God;
my guilt is not hidden from you.......



It is the same passage i used in my 12th grade year book.
You should watch the Documentary. My Heart goes out to Ted Haggard and his Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eh Amigo! Whats on your mind?